Marriage in the Dominican Republic
- Birth certificates of both intended parties (bride and groom). The birth certificates must bear an Apostille from the Secretary of State of the state in which each person was born. These documents are translated into Spanish, with its accompanying certification. Costs: $135.00 per document three (3) pages or less. If the document contains more than three (3) pages, each additional page will be done at a cost of $25.
- Declaration of Single Status by both intended parties (bride and groom) in English (please see attached PDF sample). Signatures must be notarized by a Notary Public and submitted to the County Clerk to certify the validity of the Notary Public’s commission. Subsequently, the notarized declarations must be submitted to the Office of the Secretary of State to be Apostille. These documents are then translated into Spanish, with its accompanying certification. Costs: $135.00 per document.
- If the person(s) is divorced, a certified copy of the divorce decree must be submitted.
- Please send the above documents and a certified check or money order payable to the General Consulate of the Dominican Republic in California.
- All documents must be then sent to the Ministry of Foreign Relations of the Dominican Republic in order to certify the signature of the Consul General.